Welcome to The Erme Primary School
A very warm welcome to our school’s website.
We can be found in Station Road in the centre of Ivybridge and have approximately 120 children on roll.
The Erme Primary School is the oldest of the schools in Ivybridge, built in 1856, with new buildings added in 2005. We combine the old with the new to create a family feel to our warm and friendly school.
Please use our website to find out more about us or contact the school directly. Contact details can be found through the contact button on this site.
Why choose to come to the Erme Primary?
We know that choosing a school for your child is one of your most important decisions. We are proud to offer:
- A small personal school where each child is valued and is known to all the staff
- An experienced team of dedicated and caring staff
- A family ethos where everyone cares for each other
- A broad and balanced curriculum combining excellence and enjoyment of learning.
- End of KS2 results significantly above the national average
- Wrap around care from 7.45am to 6pm.
‘The Erme is a good school with outstanding partnerships in promoting the pupils’learning and well-being.’ OFSTED November 2011
SATs Results 2016
|School initial release 05/07/2016||% of all pupils working at or above Expected Standard||% of all pupils working at or above Expected Standard Nationally|
|Grammar, Punctuation & Spelling||83%||72%|
|Combined % of R, W & M||86%||70%|
|% of children who achieved the Standard in all three (R, W & M)||78%||53%|